- Category: The Me I Want to See
- Written by Miles Baltrusaitis
- Hits: 1166
Whenever I get caught up in the rush of working hard on projects and I have a hard time deciding where to throw my energy, I pull back and I review my big picture life priorities. The list is a result of a self-assessment from a few years back and, in the time since I've revised it a little bit but it holds up pretty close to the original.
- Wellness (Healthy diet, exercise, weight control, flexibility, strength). I figure if these things are lost, the rest doesn't matter much.
- Family (Respect, support and appreciate my spouse, children, parents, siblings and others).
- Finances (keep my eye on income, expenses, recurring vs one-time, debt, cash flow, investments, savings, etc).
- Work & Career (all the things that entail my professional responsibilities to my employer and myself).
- Personal Goals (all the activities and goals I chase outside of the workplace) Things like music, photography, videography, web development, public speaking, story telling and sports.
These are what I remind myself of whenever things get harried in my world. What are your big picture priorities?Add a comment